on dancing with the stars

After the first episode of Dancing with the Stars, I set my DVR to record all episodes. I briefly watched season one, but it didn't hold my interest. I am already hooked on this season. This season's cast made me want to watch once, and I am absolutely riveted to my television. When I start to call in and vote, I will begin to worry. It's ridiculously entertaining. By the end of the first dance, nomadreaderboy had gone from peeking in the room to see what I was watching to sitting down next to the television and cursing me for getting him hooked on another reality television show.

Highlights this week:

How creepy is Leeza's face? She's fifty? Gross. Oh, that we could all age in the style of Jamie Lee Curtis or Helen Mirren instead of the Stepford way.

I also love the celebrities in the audience: Chuck Woolery, fresh-from-rehab Robbie Williams, Brian Austin Green. There are no staged audience interviews and no graphics telling the viewers who these people are. I'm fairly confident my grandmother did not squeal as I did at the flashes of Robbie Williams and Brian Austin Green; to her, they are just young men in the audience. Seriously, I think my joy at these sightings indicate why the double bill of Ian Ziering and Joey Fatone made me start watching this season at all.

After Laila Ali's mambo, nomadreaderboy sitting up and shouting "If I don't see a nine, I'm voting!" and then play it off as a joke.

Final thought: Isn't it ironic that these judges want the dancers to be tramps, and being too much of a tramp got Brittany kicked off Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll? Seriously, the Pussycat Dolls value being demure more than ballroom dancers? Love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson