Looking Back on November 2017

Remember last month, when I said I thought the great reading slump of 2017 might (finally) be going away? It did. I finished a whopping sixteen (16!) books. How did I manage such a feat? Well, part of my strategy to break out of the reading slump of the last several months was to keep starting new books if I didn't feel like reading the one I was in the middle of, so I spent some time finishing all of those books. I also made more time for reading. I took vacation the week of Thanksgiving. I've been going to bed earlier to read in bed more. And I also focused on reading what I was in the mood for, which apparently only include mysteries and nonfiction. Whatever it is, I'll take it. Here's what I read in November:

Books read: 16
Fiction: 10
Memoir: 4
Nonfiction: 6
Comics: 1
Young Adult: 1
Audio: 2
Mysteries/Thrillers: 7
New-to-me-authors: 4
Re-read: 1
My favorite November book: The Wife by Alafair Burke (it comesout January 23rd, 2018--look for my review that week)

Now tell me: what was your favorite read in November?

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson