Sunday Salon: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year?

Happy Holidays! This time of year is typically my favorite. I adore Christmas and the New Year, and I cherish the two weeks off working in academia affords me. But this year, I never really got into Christmas. I can't quite believe it's already over, and it never even felt like Christmas to me. I am enjoying my time off of work, but spending all day with Hawthorne cuts into my typical end-of-year binge reading time (he's worth it though!) One of the highlights of having a baby is dressing him (or her) up in silly outfits, right? I had fun dressing up our little Santa on Christmas morning:


The photo shoot dragged on a little long for his taste:

But once dressed in his festive daywear, all was right with his world again:

Sadly, I did not manage to get a good picture of his shirt before he spit up, as his feet are the most interesting things in the world. It also featured a reindeer and the tagline "no mistletoe required." 


2014 Book Bucket List
I did it! I finished all five books on my 2014 Book Bucket List. The rest of the reviews will post in the coming weeks, along with my picks for my January 2015 Book Bucket List.

Best of 2014
I typically post my Best of 2014 post on New Year's Day, as I read until the last possible minute (and anything I read in a year is eligible.) This year, Hawthorne and I will be in Atlanta for the holiday, and I'm not taking my computer. I'll post my Best of 2014 list(s) next weekend once we're back home. Reviews should continue to post this week while we relax with friends and family. I seem to be on a huge reading win streak, and I hope to sneak in a couple more reads before the end of the year, even as I remind myself these flights will likely not afford me any time to read, as I will be busy entertaining Hawthorne. Fingers crossed he enjoys the flight (or sleeps through it!)

2015 Goals
I don't think I'll be making formal reading goals this year, but I do think I'll do monthly (to start) book bucket lists. I hope it will help me strike the right balance of reading whatever strikes my fancy as well as crossing books off of my never ending prize and TBR lists.

I've finally started reading 2015 releases this week. There are too many books I'm excited about in the coming year, and I know I won't be able to make time for them all. Plus, I didn't get to nearly all of the 2014 releases I wanted to. I'll keep working through both, and I hope 2015 is my best reading year yet. Since Hawthorne was born, I've managed to keep reading a lot, which makes me really happy. I don't watch nearly as many films or nearly as much television as I used to, but it works for me. And I'm lucky that he sleeps fourteen hours overnight (he does get up twice typically to eat), which affords me plenty of reading time in the evening.

Happy New Year!

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. Yes... I benefit from the University's campus closure as well. I love the time off. It didn't feel like Christmas to me until Christmas Eve hit. A little late for me. I gave up on present buying and you know what, whatever we had, was enough. We had a nice time just taking it in.

    I know what you mean though about the kid cutting in on your time. I remember those days. When he gets older, he'll be able to entertain himself and you'll have your me time back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the reindeer on his little bootie!! SO, so cute! It *almost* makes me want younger children again. You will get all that reading time back soon enough. Have a great week and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley