Waiting on Wednesday: The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine to highlight an upcoming release we can't wait to read.

The Uncoupling
My pick this week is The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer. I thoroughly enjoyed Wolitzer's previous novel, The Ten-Year Nap, which was a 5-star read for me. I was thrilled when I heard about The Uncoupling. Here's how the publisher describes it:
When the elliptical new drama teacher at Stellar Plains High School chooses for the school play Lysistrata-the comedy by Aristophanes in which women stop having sex with men in order to end a war-a strange spell seems to be cast over the school. Or, at least, over the women. One by one throughout the high school community, perfectly healthy, normal women and teenage girls turn away from their husbands and boyfriends in the bedroom, for reasons they don't really understand. As the women worry over their loss of passion, and the men become by turns unhappy, offended, and above all, confused, both sides are forced to look at their shared history, and at their sexual selves in a new light. 
The Uncoupling will be published April 5, 2011. Pre-order a copy now from Amazon (Kindle version) or an independent bookstore.

Have you read other Meg Wolitzer novels? Which of her other books would you recommend I read?

As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you!

Comments

  1. Ooh! I just saw this book advertised on Shelf Awareness and so want to read it! It sounds like it would make for a really thoughtful read. Thanks for sharing it today. I hope more people get excited about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just the person before me, i just saw this on shelf awareness too. it definitely has an interesting premise. i kinda want to read it though it's not my usual genre. great pick!

    here's my WOW: http://booksandmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/01/book-i-covet-ashes-ashes-by-jo.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I absolutely adore this author's work! Thanks for sharing this...

    Now I'm clicking over to pre-order this on my Kindle...

    Here's mine:

    (click my name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been interested in this one, too. Good choice.

    Here's what I'm waiting on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't sure about this book til I read the blurb and wow this sounds very good, can you imagine if this really happened wondering how angry men would actually get lol.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't crazy about The Ten Year Nap, but I loved The Wife. I really want to read this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, now I can't wait to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was fortunate to read an advance copy of THE UNCOUPLING ... I loved it! (and I'll admit that I wasn't crazy about THE TEN-YEAR NAP, I took a bit of offense at it ... but I'm sure it was meant to be thought-provoking ... and it succeeded!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed a few books by this author, so this one goes on my TBR list. Thanks Carrie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson