book review: harry potter and the chamber of secrets (reread)

I read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in the summer of 2000. I remember liking it more than Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. After rereading it, I was thrilled with the level of suspense and storytelling. I did, indeed, enjoy it more than the first book in the series. I appreciated Rowling's building on seemingly superfluous events and characters from the first book and transforming them into major plot pieces.

Rating: 4 stars (really liked it)

Challenges: 100+ Reading Challenge, Support Your Local Library, Young Adult

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson